OUR SCHOOL ETHOS AND VALUES
We are interested in the development of the whole child and will endeavour to raise their self-esteem through affirmation and praise. It is our intention to create a secure, caring environment in which children are given equal opportunity to reach their full potential in an atmosphere of mutual respect and co-operation. To achieve this the school will:
Create a learning environment which enables children to become self-confident, self-disciplined, independent and motivated.
- Promote caring attitudes in an atmosphere in which children will feel happy, secure and valued.
- Help children achieve their full potential based on the National Curriculum by adopting a teaching and learning styles that are sufficiently differentiated to cater for individual needs.
- Teach children to be aware of their own actions, to take responsibility for themselves and encourage independence.
- Provide an environment where children develop skills to be able to work collaboratively with others, are sensitive to eachother's needs and have the confidence to form relationships.
- Develop a joy of learning and cultivate lively, enquiring minds.
- Provide an education of the highest quality within the context of a Christian belief. Pupils are encouraged to respond to the Christian faith in such a way that it helps in their spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
Throughout the year we explore a variety of Christian values which are of great importance to us as a Church school. Both the Infant and Junior classes learn about religions of the world in their RE lessons, and our assemblies are led by both teaching staff and Church Guardians. Once a half term an after school Church Club is run by our Church Guardians.
This year our themes are:
- Friendship and Forgiveness
- Perseverance and Humility
- Trust and Hope
- Compassion and Thankfulness
- Generosity and Courage
- Creativity and Peace
Find out more about our Diocese here http://www.bathandwells.org.uk/supporting-children/