There are delicious hot meals provided by our own school cook from Monday to Friday; Key Stage 1 children are entitled to a free hot school meal.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered Exford First School gets £1320 (academic year 2018/19). With this money we could fund extra clubs and provide additional literacy and numeracy support for children, as well as being able to purchase extra resources.
How does it work?
1. First check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
2. Registering is really easy and quick – if you think you qualify, please contact the Admissions and Entitlements Team, County Hall, Taunton TA1 4DY.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free school meal, extra benefits and the school gets £1320 extra.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long
as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1320 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please register as soon as possible to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) – not Contribution related
- Income – based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSB) – not Contribution based
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190.