OUR SCHOOL ETHOS AND VALUES
We are interested in the development of the whole child and will endeavour to raise their self-esteem through affirmation and praise. It is our intention to create a secure, caring environment in which children are given equal opportunity to reach their full potential in an atmosphere of mutual respect and co-operation. To achieve this the school will:
Create a learning environment which enables children to become self-confident, self-disciplined, independent and motivated.
- Promote caring attitudes in an atmosphere in which children will feel happy, secure and valued.
- Help children achieve their full potential based on the National Curriculum by adopting a teaching and learning styles that are sufficiently differentiated to cater for individual needs.
- Teach children to be aware of their own actions, to take responsibility for themselves and encourage independence.
- Provide an environment where children develop skills to be able to work collaboratively with others, are sensitive to eachother's needs and have the confidence to form relationships.
- Develop a joy of learning and cultivate lively, enquiring minds.
- Provide an education of the highest quality within the context of a Christian belief. Pupils are encouraged to respond to the Christian faith in such a way that it helps in their spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.